Thursday, June 21, 2012

30 Day Clutter Bootcamp

I have started the 30 Day Clutter Bootcamp.

I highly recommend this e-book for anyone who wants to minimalize their belongings. Don't worry, you don't need an e-reader to get this book. It is in PDF format, so you can view it on your computer if you like. This bootcamp focuses on one category of clutter per day. It gives you step by step instructions and emotional support helping you to really get rid of items. It also reasons with you making you realize that certain items you are holding onto are actually bringing you down without you realizing it.

I have read many ebooks and blogs on decluttering, organizing, and minimalism. None have really got me down to productive action like this book has. I know concepts, skills, and such, but this book really took my knowledge and turned it into action. What I like about it is it literally tells you "Okay, now today you are going to work on clothing" "Step 1....Step2....Step3...". I like being told, "do this, then do this, then this" instead of vagueness such as "look around and get rid of everything that you see that you haven't used in a year".

As you know I am on a mission to change my label from hoarder to minimalist. It has been overwhelming,exhausting, mentally exhausting, and many other things that I can't form into words. I have gone through quite a bit of items, though you could never tell, but once I bought this book I could actually see results on the first day. I didn't jump around the room decluttering a little from every category. I actually tackled real items looking at my belongings in that category as a whole.

I am going to blog about this experience because I want to hold myself accountable. I want to hold myself to this program and see results. I don't want my clutter to define me. I don't want it holding me down. I don't want to spend all my free time on decluttering a little bit at a time. I want to get this over with and have a more simplified life where I can focus my interests and not the stresses in my life.

Hold. Me. Accountable. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment